Fàilte gu Ionad Naomh Moluag
Welcome to Lismore Gaelic Heritage Centre
What’s new
Mary Cameron MacGregor’s 1868 Diary
Mary Cameron MacGregor was the wife of Reverend Gregor MacGregor, the parish minister on the Isle of Lismore for nearly 50 years. Her diary, for a single year (1868), passed from her son to a grandson in the USA, and returned to Lismore by a combination of unlikely...
Lime Burning on Lismore
23-27 May 2019 at Port Ramsay Lime Kilns Each year the Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings (SPAB) runs several working parties to gather volunteers, community members, historic building professionals and conservation specialists for a short period of work...
Archaeological Breakthrough
Press Release from Argyll Archaeology Clare Ellis BA, PhD, MIFA, FSA Scot Archaeological Breakthrough on the Isle of Lismore: Early Medieval Burial provides evidence for St. Moluag’s Monastery Tradition has it that St Moluag came from Ireland in AD562 to found...
Object of the Month November 2018
Fishing Net Buoy (LISDD:2017. 236). Radius of leather buoy (distorted) around 15cm. Wooden disc radius 9cm, thickness 3.6cm. This object is one of many from Lismore, looked after by the Balnagown/ Balimakillichan MacColls, and generously given by the family to...
Address
Ionad Naomh MoluagIsle of Lismore
By Oban PA34 5UL
Contact
+44 (0)1631 760030 lismoremuseum@btconnect.comVisit
Open daily 11:00–16:00April to October




